Please join the side event for the launch of Global Knowledge Support Service for Biodiversity.
Location: Asia and the Pacific Meeting Room, 511C-F
To attend the event from remote please use the following link (listen only): https://cbd.interactio.com/dplb-stjh-bqza
Time: 13h15- 14h 45
|Time||Agenda item||Moderator & discussants|
|13h15 (10 mins)||Welcome and introduction of consultations||Corli Pretorius, Deputy Director, UNEP-WCMC|
|13h25 (45 mins)|
Towards enhanced cooperation on biodiversity data, information and knowledge for implementation, monitoring, reporting and review of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework.
Proposed questions to lead discussants:
- What are key gaps and opportunities for increased national capacities?
- How can existing global knowledge tools, platforms and initiatives be leveraged and connected?
- How do we sustain support and learning on biodiversity data, information and knowledge?
Julia Oliva ,Head of Policy, UNEP-WCMC
- Yingxian Xia , Deputy Director General Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Ecology and Environment, China.
- Josephine B. E. Eloundou , Ministry of Environment, Protection of Nature and Sustainable Development, Cameroon
- Hernando Garcia, Director General Instituto de Investigación de Recursos Biológicos Alexander Von Humboldt, Colombia
- Scott Wilson, CBD National Focal Point, Environment and Climate Canada,
- Inka Gnittke ,Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV), Germany
|14h10 (10 mins)|
Interactive discussion with participants, facilitated by moderator
Potential perspectives from Parties and non-state actors (tbc):
- Norbert Baerlocher (Switzerland),
- Teona Karchava (Georgia),
- Luiz Henrique Mourão do Canto Pereira (Brazil)
- Andrew Stott (United Kingdom)
- Erie Tamale (CBD Secretariat),
- Alessandra Alfieri (UNSD),
- Midori Paxton (UNDP),
- IUCN (tbd),
- Tim Hirsch (GBIF),
- Stuart Butchard (Birdlife International),
- Andrew Gonzalez (GEOBON),
- Martin Lok (Capital Coalitions)
|14h 40 (5 mins)|
- Summary and next steps
- Closing remarks
- Corli Pretorius, Deputy Director, UNEP-WCMC
- Florika Fink-Hooijer, Director General for ENV, EU
Please click here for meeting details